Robert Haddad is married to his wife, Suzi, and currently has four children, Elias, Anthony, Catherine and Christina. He holds qualifications in law, theology and religious education, namely, a LL.B, Grad. Cert. in RE, Grad. Dip. Ed., Grad. Dip. Teacher Ed., MA (Theo. Studies), MRelEd and a M. Phil. For his M. Phil. Robert researched the apologetical arguments of St. Justin Martyr. Besides his studies Robert has also authored various books, including Lord of History Series (2 volumes) and Christ the Teacher Series (4 volumes), and most recently The Case for Christianity – St Justin Martyr’s Arguments for Religious Liberty and Judicial Justice. He has recently contributed to and edited a collection of essays as part of a soon to be released book entitled Answering the Evangelical Challenge..
- Bachelor of Laws (University of Sydney) 1989.
- Graduate Certificate in Religious Education (Charles Sturt University) 1997.
- Graduate Diploma in Education (Australian Catholic University) 2003.
- Masters of Arts in Theological Studies (University of Notre Dame) 2007 - Vice Chancellor's Medal for Most Outstanding Postgraduate Student 2007.
- Masters of Philosophy (Australian Catholic University) 2007.
- Masters of Religious Education (University of Notre Dame) 2008 .
- Graduate Diploma in Teacher Education (College of Teachers, London) 2010.
The Masters of Philosophy degree involved researching the appropriateness of the apologetical arguments of St. Justin Martyr.
- Lord of History Series (in 2 volumes)
i. ....Introduction to the Fathers of the Church (1999).
ii. ...Introduction to Early Church History (2002).
- Christ the Teacher Series (in 4 volumes) 1995-2004.
i. ....The Apostles’ Creed.
ii.... Law and Life.
iii. ..The Family and Human Life.
iv. ,,,Defend the Faith!
- The Case for Christianity - St Justin Martyr's Arguments for Religious Liberty and Judicial Justice
- Answering the Evangelical Challenge (2011) a response to Ray Galea’s Nothing In My Hand I Bring. (General Editor and author of Chapter 3 on the Eucharist).
From 1990-2005 Robert worked full-time at St. Charbel's College, Punchbowl, teaching Religion and History. He held the positions of Year Co-ordinator and Religious Education Co-ordinator concurrently for 10 years and was Deputy Principal (Welfare) for 6 years. From 2006-2008 Robert worked full-time as the Convener of the Catholic Chaplaincy at the University of Sydney. Currently he is the Director of the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine and lectures in Scripture and Church at the University of Notre Dame, Sydney.
Robert also sits on the following Archdiocesan committees:
- The Sydney Archdiocesan Catholic Schools Board for the Sydney Archdiocese.
- Chairman of the Archdiocesan Catechist Council.
- The World Youth Day 2011 Committee chaired by Bishop Julian Porteous.
- New Evangelisation Reference Group chaired by Dr Dan White.
Robert can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or on (02) 9390 5127 (+61 2 9390 5127 for calls from outside Australia).